View Single Post
Old 01-20-2016, 05:31 PM   #49
BigMike

Re: CPP C-Notch welds?

I too have ordered thousands of dollars with CPP, for both my truck & my son's 72 Nova. Only had a couple of small issues that were quickly resolved. I recently ordered the trailing arm crossmember, trans crossmember, trac bar & front upper shock mount & all came with great welds, nice powdercoating and correct nuts/bolts. Shock mounts stated it was raw but received them powdercoated which was a nice surprise. I live about 30 minutes away so most of the time I go there, but the last order was shipped with no issues. I will continue to buy from them whenever I need something.

20 years ago you had to pretty much build whatever you wanted because nothing was readily available for our trucks. CPP really has brought a lot to the table for our trucks that we would have otherwise had to pay big $$$ for a fabricator to make it or do it ourselves. Many out there don't have the tools to fabricate the parts CPP makes let alone knows how to weld. So to have a part you can now buy off the shelf for a reasonable price makes it possible for many people to do things to their trucks that would not have been possible 15-20 years ago. We have become a nation of expecting the best possible product for the cheapest possible price. Nowadays, because of companies like CPP, there are dozens of other companies/fabricators out there to choose from for similar products. Where do you think we would be without them?

Like a couple of people said, I would have just welded the spots that I thought needed it an moved on. How many notch kits are out there under $100? Sure look at Porterbuilts welds, but also look at the $200 price tag. Not that it's a bad thing because Porterbuilt makes amazing products, but you pay a premium for them. But many people, myself included, simply cannot afford them.

Just my experience and $.02

Last edited by BigMike; 03-17-2016 at 03:14 AM.
BigMike is offline   Reply With Quote