View Single Post
Old 11-25-2018, 04:31 PM   #103
Grizz1963

Re: GRIZZ’s ‘79 - 2WD BLAZER Challenge over in London, England. “~It’s not a Project

Slow start to my day, the cold and damp, chilly and breezy weather slowing my motivation a bit, well, a lot.

So eventually made it to the garage by 13.30

Decided to give tinting the rear glass in the tailgate a go on my own.

Reversed the truck tint into the garage and then started to get the tailgate glass out, exposed and ready for tinting.

Glass measured 1550mm X 480mm

Cleaned and ready.

So cut it on the folding table Martin got me from his mums house, date stamped 1960 on the underside. Beats throwing it away.

Small jobs, they all take time, some more than others, even the planning of the execution of this.

Added a steel ruler to the one end, to weigh it down when I got to removing the backing sheet.

Stretched

Then removing the rear backing film.

One needs an octopus realistically to manage all the sides and getting it all sprayed wet before application.

Even my tweets held onto a tab.

Film applied.

Not looking good.

But there is hope, in the form of a squeegee

Much rubbing, squueegeeing and swearing at the wind.

Done.

Far from perfect, but at less than £10.00 for the rear and side glass, I am happy with the results.

Prozac the Van that can looking on.

Last photo taken specifically for the guys in America to illustrate the reverse lights being reused as indicators with yellow/amber lightbulbs.

Once that was done, I did the front wheel lettering.

Another small job done, never made it out to the shops.

Need to go shopping tomorrow and find myself some waterproof slimline LED reverse lights to mount under the bumper.

Thanks for checking in and all your comments and advice so far.

As for all the stalkers........ 🤔🦃
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote