View Single Post
Old 11-29-2018, 03:54 PM   #110
Grizz1963

Re: GRIZZ’s ‘79 - 2WD BLAZER Challenge over in London, England. “~It’s not a Project

After all the feedback on the various forums by some knowledgeable and not so people, consensus was to walk away from themSubs I had stashed, however, also suggested was using the side panels where the red carpeted panels went in and finding some smaller speakers.

Step up 6x9’s from my stash, these were in the Taunus Transit when I had it. More than enough power for my needs really.

Also from the Transit pile, well, shelf was a couple of rolls of good quality sound deadening to go into the Blazers sides to reduce boom and distortion.

This morning at about 09.00 Mickey popped in for a coffee as he saw my car on the drive, he also brought along my LED reverse spotlights.

Once he left I opened them.

Rather bigger than expected, but the Blazer is not exactly small.

Found a new switch in the garage.

Tonight after work I quickly offered them up to the rear before dark.

Jury’s out.

While in the garage, I was rooting around to try find a hooter that I had on the C10 before.

Did not find it, but happened upon these drum pedals, bought very cheaply at Bootfairs over the last two years.

I think this one is spot on the right shape and look for the Blazer.

Opinions?

And the one that will be fitted to the 66 when I get back on it.

And then lastly, a message from Rods n Sods.......

Karma or Life being Good?

This continues to come together.

Maybe there will be a whole orchestra in the back of the truck.

And regarding the Sub wooofer...... if I build a removable box in the vintage suitcase, with a fixed plug point so that I can remove the case and sub when the space is needed, it could work OK.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote