View Single Post
Old 12-02-2018, 05:39 AM   #114
Grizz1963

Re: GRIZZ’s ‘79 - 2WD BLAZER Challenge over in London, England. “~It’s not a Project

Small jobs, Small jobs, Small jobs make the difference at times.

The little details often are forgotten.

Remember these?

Joined the party with Mr Grinder and Mrs Flapwheel in hand, followed by some hand sanding to get the edges less lethal, then Brasso and Autosol.

And offered up, bent to fit the curve on the drivers side where I managed to burn the plastic item when welding the sill previously.

Then over to the passenger side, while it was raining and cold, I decided to carry on anyway.

Sill Removed, and showed some surface rust under it plus old paint and loads of glue, so petrol, scraper and clean up.

Resulting in prepped, masked and ready steel sill.

I used the heat gun to warm up the sill and then primed it and continued to add some heat to keep the air dry around it.

Left it sitting for an hour while getting a sandwich, coffee and catching up on forums.

Two coats of white again heated, covered against the weather, happy with the way the paint landed and covered.

Keeping in mind this will mostly be unseen once I add the new stainless steel sill cover plates with double sided tape.

And finally unpacked and a final blend in.

Happy.

While I was busy with the paint, I got a visit from Richard who had driven up 90 minutes from Hastings to check over the Blazer and to collect a load of components from his lock up nearby and deliver it.

Part of the improvement in sounds in the truck.

More later.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote