View Single Post
Old 12-02-2018, 04:21 PM   #117
Grizz1963

Re: GRIZZ’s ‘79 - 2WD BLAZER Challenge over in London, England. “~It’s not a Project

So yesterday Richard dropped off some, well, a box full of car audio bits.

12” sub
Tweeters and their drivers
2 Midrange speakers
2 Chanel amp
Amp for the Sub
Cables.

I added my two Pioneer 6x9’s to that lot and just laid them all out on the floor.

This morning, after doing the sill plates, I cleaned up the pieces and then just laid them out in the rear of the Blazer to get an idea.

The Sub is massive, and will need a deeper box than the side panels offer. So some work or thinking to do.

I am thinking of mounting the Amps inside the red panels, and then boxing the sides for Sub, 6x9and midrange speakers.

Not sure it will work, but hopefully there will be enough space and air volume for them all.

Drivers side.

Passenger side

After all the playing around, I moved the cars off the driveway and took the Blazer out front to go shopping and also look for a decent place to try get a few nice photos......

Drove around Medway area, went shopping and got some food for the week.

Also took a microwave beanbag and some masking take to see if I could mount and place the camera phone on the dash and do a short film (well, it was longer but I edited it back to this bit) of the truck on the road.
Kinda failed as the masking tape let go at one point and the camera filmed the roof lining till I pulled over and shoved the lot back onto the seat next to me.

Good fun though.

CLICK VIDEO LINK.

Now the truck is parked up till the DVLA return my documents and tell me what next in order to get a new MOT certificate.

Have a good week.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote