View Single Post
Old 01-24-2009, 12:11 PM   #22
VA72C10
VA72C10

Re: 1970 VA Longbed Project

Wow, three months since a single update. I have been working on a bunch of projects around the house and completely ignored the truck. Well, no more

The one thing I have been doing during this time is collecting all the needed parts and making decisions on the final direction of the truck. I have decided to bag it and that bumped up the budget by a grand, and that's with shopping for some good deals. I also have been selling some parts off to be able to afford needed parts for my truck. The upcoming plan is to get the old bed off and install the rear blazer tank, airbags, adjustable panhard bar, new drop shocks, C-notch, and all the airbag components. Then will modify the bed for the stake pocket gas fill, put the one needed cross sill on the bed, and do some final sprucing up under there before putting the new bed on.

That being said, it will be slow progress. It is over at the home of the guy helping me with the body work and some of this work. And, I am out of town between three and four days a week for my job right now. So there is very little time to actually get over there to work on the truck. It is on the side of his garage as he gets some other projects done so any work has to be done in the daylight so that pretty much leaves Saturdays as long as neither of us have plans.

What I will begin to do is add some pictures and links to the parts I am using. I really like Bruce88's build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...63#post3104863
I hope to be able to help others by providing info on all the parts used to make it easier for everyone to look up. The main disclaimer I will make is that I have bought many of these parts used or mocked up to save money, but will provide the links to the new parts. I would love to have a limitless budget, but that's just not a reality with all my house projects and with a wife and two little girls