View Single Post
Old 04-18-2021, 09:23 PM   #6
tucsonjwt

[QUOTE=Dead Parrot;8910222]Normal rule for fusible link is 4 wire gauge sizes smaller(larger number) then the wire being protected. So a 12 gauge wire would get a 16 gauge fusible link. A lot of links are sized in square mm so you might have to find a square mm to wire gauge chart.

Another way is visit a salvage yard and pull a factory link and wire that matches what you need.

Might want to temporarily install one of those single fuse holders. Possible you have a intermittent short in your door repair.[/QUOTE

I was able to find a faint 14 ga marking on the link so I got one at the parts store with diy eye and splice ends. But the connectors are so cheap and small they slide off the wire rather than crimp down. I found a 14 ga Ford style link in my kit of electrical supplies which has a better eye end installed, but I don’t see how to get 3 big wires into the small blue butt splice connector on the opposite end. It looks like the previous person who worked on it jammed all 3 wires into a 12 ga connector. Does anyone know of a cleaner way to join the link to the 2 large wires on the output side?
Posted via Mobile Device
tucsonjwt is offline   Reply With Quote