View Single Post
Old 09-22-2014, 11:33 PM   #138
DirtyLarry
Windy Corner of a Dirty Street

Re: post up your camping pics

Here are a few from this weekend’s trip with Zoomad, his son, my buddy Bill and my neighbor Pete. The weather was near perfect and the fall trees were spectacular! Probably the prettiest trip I’ve ever done in my home state. Perfect 2 night/3 day fall trip.

Forgot the deflators at home in the Suburban. Had to improvise with an ink pin

We took Tin Cup Pass to Mirror Lake and spent the first night. Fishing here always yields at least a couple fish but their usually pretty small. Pretty place though! Too bad for the crappy cell phone pic

The view on the crawl up Taylor Pass

Before long the trail and the creek become one with a nasty boulder wall to climb up at the other end

Coloradobill

We’ve been over this pass 3 or 4 times in the past 10 years and this is the worst we’ve seen this spot yet. Seems to be getting more boney with each passing season. Sure kick myself for forgetting the GoPro at home along with those damn tire deflators!

Looking down from the top

Fished at Taylor Lake for a bit and caught dinner!

Looking back at the lake on the crawl up to the summit

Cool poser shot looking back at the lake

This is just as you crest the summit and start the long haul down to Aspen

Second night campsite

Amazing!

Very pretty place to air up

We found a roof basket lying on the side of the trail so we threw it up on top of the K5 for a poser shot….then took it home to for mounting later.

Even have a bonus video too! This is Taylor Pass that runs from Taylor Park area over to Aspen. It was a great ride! The guys on the motorcycles didn’t think any of us could craw up this mess. I thought we might be able to use the rear winch but all 3 climbed up without too much drama.

Taylor Pass

I can't ever remember how to post videos on forum and the site help area is SO helpful

Zoomad should be here soon with his version of the weekend

Last edited by DirtyLarry; 09-22-2014 at 11:39 PM.
DirtyLarry is offline   Reply With Quote