View Single Post
Old 03-29-2008, 06:09 AM   #6
thelonerife

Re: Thelonerifes 72 stepper

Well like I said I cut some good parts off the gray cab and most of the cab supports need the lower portion replaced near the rocker. just the pass. front had a few small holes around the bolt area that I didn't feel comfortable just welding up. So I got the entire support form the other cab. i also am going to have to replace the lower portion of the front pilars. The cab corner and outer rocker were good so I can use both of those for the pass. side. i cut out the bad cab corner and part of the floor where the seatbelt fastens to the floor. You could see right through that part of the truck. I welded in this section of the floor and had to patch my patch inside the cab corner where the inner rocker meets the support. I used the lower half of the good support. Next i plan to replace the lower front pilar and install the donor support. By the way I do plan to replace the inner rocker. I just left it together for a little support. I know the donor pieces look rusty but it is surface rust where the po left the gray cab outside after getting it blasted. Whew!! I hope I haven't rambled it too much but I have never told what I've done like this. Maybe from here on out it will sound better as I tell a little at a time. Chuck.
Attached Images

thelonerife is offline   Reply With Quote