View Single Post
Old 12-07-2015, 08:29 PM   #2
Darkrider

Re: '84 Chevy Custom Deluxe 10...

Not much of an update but i will be taking the truck to my buddies place on wed to go through the carb and rebuild it to get it running better for this winter. Will also be adding a second battery to put the dual battery set up back in service. Right now im having an intermittent starter issue with it. So i may need to replace the starter on it soon as well.

As i had mentioned before i set up a deal to get some parts for it. The parts being a new box, front fenders and cowl panel. There are enough parts on the donor truck to look at converting to the quad headlight setup as well. But i am kind of torn between staying with the single headlights or swapping to the quad lights. My friend also has a few suburbans at his place with the newer front clip that still uses quad lights but the smaller ones. Either way im assuming i will need to swap rad supports to do either one correct?

Here is a pic of the sheet metal im getting from my buddy. The plan is to paint the rest of the truck this color. Not sure what im going to do tailgate wise. This one has a dent in it and my original tailgate is bowed a bit...So i may need to buy another one from somewhere with the Chevrolet script on it.

Darkrider is offline   Reply With Quote