View Single Post
Old 11-16-2010, 12:33 AM   #7
Yukon 400

Re: Birth of a Cummins Suburban

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbclassix View Post
forgot to ask... turbocharged 5.3? STS? Got any pictures of that?
jbclassix - It's a rear mounted setup one that I made up using a Holset HX35 that was laying around, it's a great match for the motor, spooling right off idle, 4lbs at 1200 rpm and wastegated at 8.5lbs.

I don't have any good pictures of the turbo setup, they were on my aol pictures until that was shut down. Here is what I have;

Dieselwrencher - Thank you for the information and suggestions, I appreciate the support and lack of conflict from the people of this board. I use to an active member of other popular gm boards, and just became tired of all the things going on among people.

I'm hoping for at least 20 mpg with 35's and 3.73's.

I didn't know that allison use the same program for for many vehicles, I have EFI Live so that shouldn't be a problem as long as my friend can reflash the factory computer to using tps signal, if not then it may be time for an aftermarket solution.

The motor came out of an 83 c30 so it carries an Chevy bell housing adapter, yes it's tilted, only 6 bolts go in since there are no provisions for the new 7th bolt, and the weak wave spacer is required to bolt the torque converter on. I don't mean to knock destroked as they have invested the time ad effort in developing custom adapters but $3500+ is a good amount of change, if this were a new truck then I would not even think twice about that route.

There's the chevy bell housing adapter

Allison with gm's new 7 bolt pattern

The turbo 350 that came attached to the cummins
Yukon 400 is offline   Reply With Quote