View Single Post
Old 11-29-2011, 11:42 AM   #9
scottofksu

Re: Travis' Tribute Truck - 65 Chevy C-10 Camper Special

Not a ton to report over the LONG holiday weekend... As funds are somewhat low at the moment I've been mainly focusing on pulling off small parts and repairing/restoring them and the areas they were previously mounted to.

Case in point, I pulled both of the front bumper brackets and the front, drivers side front clip frame mount. The pictures below are of the bumper brackets. The drivers side one appeared to have had a chain or something wrapped around it at one point in time as it was symmetrically creased on both sides of the bracket. Therefore, I focused on refurbishing the passenger side bracket and then repaired the drivers side bracket, which is now awaiting primer. The primer I used on the passenger side bracket is Rustoleum Rusty Metal Primer. My plan is to prime all brackets with either POR-15 or Rusty Metal Primer, and finish by painting everything with chassis black.

I also purchased 4 welding magnets and priced sheets of 16 gauge steel for repairing the rusted floor pan sections. Hopefully this can commence as soon as I get my welder straightened out.
Attached Images

scottofksu is offline   Reply With Quote