View Single Post
Old 08-07-2015, 08:29 AM   #32
Gotenntitans

Re: Learned valuable lessons today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by motornut View Post
Ask for receipts with serial numbers.
And one for shipping too, my friend owns a pro audio shop,his tecs can do some "sub" repairs in house.
You can check a speaker, subs have a big throw,so you can move it gently in and out.
Nothing hard that would leave a mark.
But any crunching binding = not good
Make sure the grill/seat/etc isn't touching.
The speaker baskets can get bent/ bind be sure nothing can hit the rim.
Was he implying "your fault "?
A professional installer should show your son, "it's limits"
If not be sure to ask.
Thanks motornut. I asked about receipts and he said that HIS receipt was the receipt. I feel better after seeing that our mutual friend, Jerry, was very friendly with him. I KNOW Jerry is reputable at his auto body shop and if he is comfortable with this shop owner, then he can't be a dishonest guy.

He DID imply that my son had probably turned the woofer up too loud and made the comment that if he sent it in, it would come back as "customer abuse damage." What could I say to that? My son probably did crank it up, but that's kinda what it's made for isn't it?........how else does one make it bump and vibrate the coins in the cupholder? The owner of the shop made it do that the day that I went to preview what he had done even before my son ever saw the system in the truck. I didn't like it, but my son did and that's what started this whole thing.

I told the owner if he would fix the woofer and provides a receipt AND warranty on everything he installed, I would agree to go ahead and pay HIM and allow my son to repay me. That's our agreement for now. I hope it all works out. I'll find out in a couple of weeks, I guess. GTT
2003 Chevy Silverado
Gotenntitans is offline   Reply With Quote