View Single Post
Old 09-22-2017, 11:53 PM   #1
droberts12

1989 Western Hauler

I just joined and havent gotten the hang of this yet. I have been to this site before because i have been looking for a Western Hauler to buy for the last 15 years, so i would google and this site had the best photos.

Back in the late 80's early 90's my father worked for a guy that had a beautiful western hauler. I loved that truck. I was in like 8th grade, but it was the start of my love for the square body chevys. So i have been looking for one that I could purchase. Over the years i have found some, but never really finding the one that just jumped out. That all changed about two months ago.

While searching Craigslist as i do several times a week, i found the one. Not just any one but the exact same one. It almost brought a tear to my eye when i saw it in that condition. It had been sitting under a tree for the last 10 years rotting away. I knew i just had to have it. I called the guy and I was trying not to sound to excited, hoping to save a little money, but i think he knew i was going to make this truck mine. I went the following weekend and picked it up. It was weird sitting in the same truck i sat in 26 years prior, and it just tore me up seeing in that condition. We loaded it up on a trailer and drove it home. Now i am in unfamilar territory.

I have never done any kind of mechanic work. I change my oil, change a flat tire, water pump, belts, alt, just pretty basic stuff. I am worried this beast is going to be a huge project. I am regular guy with a regular job, and i am wanting to fully restore this monster. Does anyone know about how much a job like this would cost? I am attaching photos, i hope, still learning how to navigate this page. I am from south texas around the corpus christi area, so if you know anyone let me know. Thanks
Attached Images

droberts12 is offline   Reply With Quote