Thread: 55.2-59 1958 Saab story
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2021, 11:33 PM   #30
gottattooz

Re: 1958 Saab story

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsraven View Post
Yeah, youre right about the dash thing. Wen i did mine i took the dash out. When it came time to install i had to narrow the dash some. On the envoy the headight switch was on the far left with a vent as well as a vent on the far right. Those will just get reconfigured when i get to putting it back together.
You may have to shorten the frame up along with removing the stock rad support when you get to that stage. The front frame horns will also be too long and tall for the stock bumper.
Pay attention to the foor height inside because to get the dash the right height to fit the windshield properly the cab will be seriosly low slung. If doing mine again i would do a body lift on the stock body mounts. That would also give more room over that crossmember ahead of the rear diff and also above the fuel tank bump.
Looks really good so far. Keep posting your progress.
Curious, where does your original firewall end up in relation to the saab firewall? Mine sits in the same place.
The Saab has the headlights on the turn signal stem. The rear wiper switch was on the left vent. It broke when I was squeezing the dash into the taper below the windshield.

The firewall falls into the pocket where the wiper motor sits. There's a drain channel on either side and if I cut a path from where the panel truck firewall sits now to the bottom of that channel, it'll lower the body 7 inches in the front. When dad and I put the rear wheels on, we noticed the body needs to go forward an inch, and that'll put the firewall right into that channel. I might get lucky and not have to disassemble there dash. I'll keep you posted.

-Josh
2017 Suzuki M109R
gottattooz is offline   Reply With Quote