View Single Post
Old 07-23-2015, 02:27 PM   #1359
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: Over 25 Years Later, Finally My 71 C-10 Truck Build

Then on Beale Street we found the power tour cruise night. I got super lucky with a parking spot about 50' from the "invited" cars. This was one of the highlights of the trip for me. I loved it. Music pounding from the bars, cool cars downtown, plenty to see and do.

Love me some COE...

The next morning we were splitting from the tour. I talked to this old guy, I dug his wheels, good choice for his boat. He likes old chevy trucks too and had a few of them.

Me and the boy spent the morning in Memphis, got the oil changed, and went to the Metal Museum. It wasn't quite what I expected, but still interesting and worth checking out if you're in Memphis.

A bigass anvil...

I believe this means it weighs 50 stone, or 700 lbs

Inside the work shop. They have resident artists or smithys and they make everything here that is displayed. Many of the displays were donated of course from other artists.

Back on the road, heading back to the St Louis area to visit with my friends some more.

We saw a fire from the highway. I was pretty sure they were just burning a field, but we decided to go check it out.

Dirt roads...

Welcome to Cooter, AR. Yeah, this is a place...

We got back to my friends place. Ate like hogs, rode around on atv's, shot stuff up, etc...

After a few days of R&R, we headed for home.

Made it...

Had one mechanical problem on the return trip. One of the bolts holding the alternator bracket to the head sheared off. The truck started overheating cuz the water pump wasn't spinning. I jammed a dog bone wrench between the alternator bracket and the power steering pump. Strapped it in with a couple wire ties and went on our way. I found a shop later that was open and could get the broken bolt out of the head and put a new bolt in.

Another successful roadtrip. Can't wait til the next one.
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote