Thread: The Pig Rig!
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2019, 12:08 PM   #9
Nodnarb76

Re: The Pig Rig!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericjon262 View Post
so, here's a few updates...

the truck now has a big block 4 core radiator, which I finished installing right before the heater core let go... DOH!

the plans for this bad boy have changed drastically, as a result, I picked up some new stuff,

I picked up a new front axle so I could get it setup 8 lug now, and once I have a donor truck, swap in the whole axle, probably way faster than swapping the hubs alone. it also allows me to set an axle up with late model brakes, and make that part of the swap quicker as well. all that being said, I think this axle might get resold, I'l definitely prefer to have a dana 60 under this truck for reasons to be explained shortly...

I also picked up a NP205 transfer case, and have a line on an NP203 so I can build a doubler! I knew I would need a heavy duty transfer case, so the new plans, and when this popped up for $50... how could I say no!

now that you're all wondering what these new crazy plans are, I'll spill the beans! without further ado, the new plans, are to find a 04.5-06(or 07 classic) chevy/GMC 2500 HD donor truck, but instead of everyone's favorite LQ4 or LQ9, I'm gonna go for that LLY or LBZ! Precision fabrication makes a mount kit, so all I really have to do is find a donor, and do the heavy lifting!

https://precisionfabricationplus.com...uburban&page=1

the idea is that I'll throw a pretty much bone stock DMAX in, and have a very powerful, very reliable, daily driver ready for anything I want to throw at it!

Edit: if you have a dana 60 front axle for sale in Washington, I'm interested.

This is gonna be epic! I will be following along.

1987 R20 Suburban LQ4/4L80e swap: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=693824
Nodnarb76 is offline   Reply With Quote