View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 10:34 PM   #79
rmvlt1100

Re: 1965 C-10 LS build

A little update. With most of the mechanical work done its time to work on the body. Not my favorite thing to do but it needs to get done. I finished up the rear roll pan and the reverse lights in the roll pan.
The other major issue was the drivers side cab corner. The previous owner changed it but it was touching the bed edge when I put the bed on the truck. The passenger side was fine the drivers touched. After I cut the old corner off and went to put on the new corner I did not fit very good. The corner stuck out the back of the cab about 1/2 of an inch. I guess it was not the previous owners fault on the first try. These after market parts really s@&k. I had to section out about 1/2 of an inch. Below is a picture of what had to be removed.

Posted via Mobile Device[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

After that cut I had to cut the back side of the new corner and bend it down to make if fit with the rear of the cab. Then filled it in with a piece of metal.

Posted via Mobile Device

Well got that finished and ready for primer. Also blocked sanded the door and will prime the both in the morning. Well I was going to post a picture of the final sanding before primer but the photo bucket doesn't like me tonight. That's it for now have a great night.
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device