View Single Post
Old 11-19-2009, 09:36 PM   #1
1lowdiesel

01 rcsb 1500 bagged and bodydropped... oh it's got a cummins

well now that i have pretty much everything i need to get this going i can start a thread on it. i know it's not a dmax but an oil burner none the less.

i started with a rcsb 2wd 99 1500. the truck was hit in the front and the frame was tweaked. so, i bought nick's (gmracer) old frame. it is already body dropped and ready to go. i will be swapping everything from the crashed truck over to the new frame.

it'll have f9000s in the back and re7s in the front. std parallel 4 link w/ a panhard out back. i also have a tank out of a toyota that i'm going to try to use but i'll probably just wind up making a fuel cell once it comes down to it.

But, while i have everything apart i might as well put the 6bt cummins i have in. the motor is a 91 and only has 110k miles on it. it's an auto 4sp w/ overdrive. i'm not going to go nuts right away on the engine b/c i don't have the money to put a rear in it right now. i will be putting on a 60mm turbo, 3200 rpm gsk and tweaking the pump a bit. i will also be doing a shift kit and converter as well. with that set up i should be good for somewhere around 350hp and 700lbft. i'm going to try and keep the a/c as well as put in electric fans and an intercooler.

the truck will be set up for 17s or 18s on a 31" tire. i'm going to try and use the factory harness and cluster, providing it's not a nightmare. worse comes to worse i have another cluster i can put some auto meter gauges in.

i'm hoping to be able to drive this truck everyday and get around 25-30mpg out of it.

x

xtremediesel.com
1lowdiesel is offline   Reply With Quote