View Single Post
Old 03-17-2019, 12:49 PM   #1
Boog
laying low

favorite old things

Most everyone hangs onto old things for one reason or another be it sentimental value or a it's just plain old cool reason and some hang onto things for monetary gains later. I have only a few things I think a lot of.
I have my dad's 38 S&W police revolver he bought new in about 1950. In the 70's he had it nickel plated with pearl handles added. I have the box it came in too. It's a beauty and like new. I have this outboard motor he bought new in 1959. It's a Sea King 5 hp he bought new from Montgomery Wards. He didn't have a boat but he had his own motor. The area lakes all rented flat bottom boats for $1 per day back then so he reasoned he didn't need to own his own boat to store and pull out each time he went fishing. He stored this motor standing up and always ran all the gas out of it each time before putting it away. He didn't have a truck so he carried this motor in the trunk on a blanket. To this day it starts on the 3rd pull every year and runs quiet. I have some of his tools I wouldn't take anything for. I have some tools that belonged to my granddads, some carpentry and mechanical also. Just to pickup and hold some of these things makes you think about how well some things were built back then and how they were used.
I have an '87 Monarch fishing boat on a '81 trailer I have had for a long time with an '81 Mercury 7.5 hp motor also like new. I like the Sea King more.
There in the shop floor is a turbine paint spraying system dad bought in the 80's. TP brand I think. Pretty nice unit. Oilless and dry air.
Attached Images

91 Chevy sportside, Tahoe, Yukon & GMC Crewcab All GM..'nuff said.

I stand for the flag and kneel at the cross
Boog is offline   Reply With Quote