View Single Post
Old 04-08-2022, 08:17 AM   #138
slimjim66

Re: Slammed 1966 GMCummins 12v

i hear yea man, the 2 i was given from the flying J were PTC style. ill do some digging to see who's name is attached to them. if i remember correctly there was 3 different styles to choose from. all used the plastic line with either a barb, PTC or a compression ferrule type with drive up nut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
So I got online last night looking again. Most of the truck paddle switches had barbed fittings for the In/Out vs PTC. The barbed style I have found easily online for around $25ea (Amazon had some for ~$20). The PTC style are harder to find online & typically @ $40 & up (Ridetech; Firestone).

I had a barbed style paddle valve in my possession & tried removing the barb fittings hoping that a PTC fitting could simply replace it. It was a no-go on the one I tried as it basically destroyed the switch trying to remove the barb fittings.

I have just been on the hunt for some to help a guy out where I work that wants to put some air-ride on his truck but he has a super low budget. It seems the PTC style are only available @ the name-brand sources when I've searched. Knowing how other things are 'slightly' marked-up, I was trying to find them from different sources w/o the 'brand' tax. I like the DOT rated PTC as they make service work easy & I just don't feel the barb style fittings are as strong when it comes to holding on to the airline.
slimjim66 is offline   Reply With Quote