View Single Post
Old 01-07-2019, 01:46 PM   #56
roll_the_dice

Re: 1965 LWB Stepside Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johns 66 View Post
This is so cool Andy.....Luckily my truck came with the original tag so I do have that. I did talk to the DMV here and was told I could restore ( paint) the tag. Its especially cool for me since I also have the original keys for the truck. Im thinking of restoring mine, mine is in pretty good shape but am gonna do some research on the exact colors for mine....

Im glad you were able to get this nice piece for your truck...gonna look sharp!!!!

BTW Got my clock in today.....now just the tach Im waiting on
Thanks John. Yeah I am stoked. I think it is nice to have the original year plate for the truck...super cool you have "the" original!!

A couple of the links above restore them...I was told $110 for a plate. I googled restoring them, watched a few videos...I might try it myself, but I am sure I can't do as good as they would.

Awesome about the clock. I bought one this morning...NOS, but said it had something rattling inside, so mine will be a project, but the price was right...hopefully I can repair it. I don't want to drop a quartz movement in it or maybe I will install it and not worry about it working (probably not)
roll_the_dice is offline   Reply With Quote