View Single Post
Old 02-27-2007, 08:01 PM   #52
Mickey_D
Dirteh Kitteh

Re: Ugly truck contest?

Only the passenger's side fuel tank is usable, the driver's side rusted through about 3 years ago.
The heater fan switch died, so I put a rocker switch in right beside the headlight switch for ON or OFF.
The doors have to be slammed so hard to close fully that my wife doesn't even try anymore. She just mule kicks the door after she gets out.
The hood requires two people to open, one to pull the interior handle, one to smack the hood on the pre-marked spot with a fist.
The fuel pump blew a hole in the diaphragm, so I just put an electric in back by the tank.
The carb is so screwed up it takes about 15 seconds of the fuel pump to fill, then 5 or more pumps of the accelerator pump before she'll start.
The auto hubs gave up about 3 years ago. $75 later and the Warn manuals do the job.
There's no need to use the ashtray, just flick it on the floor. It'll fall through one of the many holes down there.
The windshield washer pump hasn't worked since before I bought it. I just throw a bucket of soapy water on the windshield if it gets too dirty to see.
The bottom pivot point for the passenger's wing window broke, so I have to tell everyone that hops in not to try and open it or it'll fall out. The only thing holding it in is the top pivot and the closing handle.
Yes, it's 4WD, but notice the different tires front and rear?
I'm not sure what exactly made the bed and cab go to different heights. Could it be the several trips I've made with more then 3,500 pounds of firewood on the back?

Oh, and the sliding rear window panels are only held in by dirt. If anyone were to move them, I'd need to replace the whole rear window.

1955 Willys CJ-5 all original and the oldest CJ-5 on the road.
2001 Dodge Neon (wife's car)
1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Edition SOLD
1981 K15 Custom Deluxe 4X4, rusty but trusty wood hauler. SOLD
1993 S-10 4X4 Tahoe SOLD

RIP ESLL

Last edited by Mickey_D; 02-27-2007 at 08:10 PM.
Mickey_D is offline   Reply With Quote