View Single Post
Old 02-16-2015, 05:19 PM   #99
hdff

Re: My 4/6" ECE lowering install thread - 72 Shorty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekliptix View Post
I've already forgotten some of the heartaches of the install. Grinding off the rear rivets to install the new upper shock mount was by far the step that required the most patience. Once you've done that, the rest seems easy. Getting the brake caliper spreader is another tool you'll need. I took the install on leaving a lot of time for myself and without a ton of mechanical experience.

If you get stuck or find the instructions leaving out details, feel free to post here and I'll share my input.

Yes, you use the original rivet holes in the frame to mount the ECE upper shock relocate bracket. Photo on page 2. PM me your email if you want a copy of the install directions.

BFG 275/60/15. I believe the front tires are a bit too wide and rub on the inner fender over some bumps. I'd go a bit more narrow on the fronts next time.
I am fixing to put the shock relocators and super panhard bar, how was the alighnment of the panhard bar? Also what are the shocks you used, are they shorter for a lowered truck?

Don't argue with idiots, People watching may not be able to tell the difference...
There's someone in my head........But it's not me......

cheap tricks thread great info here!! http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=489394
hdff is offline   Reply With Quote