View Single Post
Old 08-27-2020, 10:03 PM   #5
truckster

Re: Gauge Wiring Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwmech View Post
Doesn't it usually say on the ceramic piece?
There weren't any markings that I could see. My eyes are kind of old, but my reading glasses didn't reveal anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray_mcavoy View Post
On the voltmeter, the terminal that's off to the left (as shown in your photo) is the one that's connected to the voltage you want to measure. The terminal that's up toward the top/center is ground. And the terminal over on the right is an intermediate connection between the ceramic resistor and the internal meter coil (don't make any external connections to that post).

On the oil pressure gauge, the terminal that's off to the left is the one that gets connected to the sending unit on the engine. The terminal that's down toward the bottom/center is ground. And the terminal over on the right is +12V.
Thanks. That helps me tremendously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67 Burb View Post
Hey, Truckster, after you get it all back together, take a photo from the front. I'd like to see what the conversion looks like.
Thanks.
Will do. I'm trying to take pictures to document everything I've been doing. I'll post up what I end up doing.