View Single Post
Old 01-18-2021, 08:21 PM   #161
'68OrangeSunshine

Re: Found a wood bed in the junkyard today. Think you have seen it all?

Quote:
Originally Posted by west9378 View Post
after all these years and just about to replace the floor on a 71 and I read this laughing till I cried. The shifter questions continued to be a focus to many that I completely overlooked till I read the post questioning its placement.
the idea of the demo or show truck would lead me to believe the whole truck would have been wood vs just the bed.
The shop teacher could be the builder the wood could have been paid for out of the school budget so he just saved thousands and the labor each kid had a piece that he or she was graded on so labor was free. And the shop teacher and the automotive teacher did a swap on the bondo paint for a new set of cabinets again on the tax payer nickel.
Love this wish I had it but what would I do with it?
Thanks for the Laughs
'67 Model Year was pivotal. There may not have been a production example for a Fleetside in metal yet -- Mid 1966 ? -- when they needed a mock up for a big Vegas car show. Skilled Detroit fabricators could knock out what they called a ''Buck'' in very little time. Then it was mated to a Cab/Frame, and airfreighted to McCarren Field. Show over, it was ''acquired'' by a local stagehand [or Teamster] and stayed in Vegas.

Every 25 years I like to rebuild that 292, whether it needs it or not.
'68OrangeSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote