View Single Post
Old 02-16-2011, 06:34 PM   #250
Dieselwrencher
6>8 Plugless........

Re: Finally starting my Longhorn 4x4 conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHT67 View Post
So glad I clicked on your build. I have an 02' Dodge as my DD, and wonder'd how the seat would look in my 67', because I really like the storage space, and that the middle section folds down to an arm rest. How do you like the headrest on there, do they seem like they are in the way? Also are you planning to recover them? Sorry for all the Q's, it's just kind of exciting to see something that you want to do will actually work.
I like how the seat fits in there with the gas tank in, but I liked it better with the tank not in there. 2 things that suck about the tank in there with these. I positioned the seat as far back as I could so I can try to get the maximum leg room because I am 6'2" tall. The head rests rub the rear window, and the console won't flip up all the way. The lid will open with ease, the whole base won't flip up. But for me this is ok because I will be getting a cup holder that attaches on the front of the console and I won't really be flipping it up a lot any how. I do plan to recover these seats at some point, and I actually thought about removing the head rests. I was thinking about having these recovered to mimic a Cheyenne super rig, but if I ever get a suburban shell, it will be a crew project so IDK for sure what I will do at that point. The head rests don't seem to be in the way and I might actually like them once I start driving the truck. I have a 97 dodge front seat set up in my 95 F-350, and the brackets are going to be more involved in that than this.
1972 Chevy Cheyenne Super K20 Long Step side tilt, tach, tow hooks, AC, 350 4 speed
1972 C10 Suburban Custom Deluxe
1969 Chevy milk truck
1971 Camaro RS 5.3 BTR STG3 Cam Super T10
1940 Ford 354 Hemi 46RH Ford 9" on air ride huge project

Tired of spark plugs? Check this out.

Last edited by Dieselwrencher; 02-16-2011 at 06:35 PM.
Dieselwrencher is offline   Reply With Quote