View Single Post
Old 08-02-2012, 10:00 PM   #41
SS From the "Wood"

Re: Whoa ohhh Black Betty!

Still slow to come, so I apologize in advance for the dullness of this build... good things come to those who wait I'm told, so I'll pass that anecdote on to my fellow square body allies. All the suspension from ride tech is paid for, and awaiting the final pieces now. Bad news is I had a set back w/ the frame. It's currently at my parent's property for space purposes, but in NE Houston where they live, their community was recently covered by 3' of water from hard continuous rains a few weeks ago. My frame was under water for several days and began to develop some slight rusting. My plan is to go ahead and re-blast it, as I wasn't happy with initial results anyway. I'll make some adjustments to it of the spring perch removal type, then finish it totally. I will then tackle the air ride. By then I'll have enough funds to get the 6L torn down and rebuilt. Then make preparations to get that monster stabbed in it's final resting place.

I have also gone against my first plan on paint scheme, and think I have decided to do a 2 tone blue/white combo that will give it a classic flair. I'm thinking indigo blue top/bottom sections w/ Cadillac diamond white belt line outta look mighty fine and be a little easier on the wallet than the first plan! It'll still get a shaved treatment to keep it custom at the same time.

-Shannon (stoked)