View Single Post
Old 09-22-2015, 07:58 PM   #250
paintman

Re: 46 pickemup in NJ "the Rebuild"

Mango, Tango, Tastic!........... Or, at the very least, more then acceptable. Just have doors, hood, and headlight buckets to do. It certainly is not worthy of any trophies but for someone who paints Kitchens and Bedrooms for a living, it's turning out way better then what I expected. Especially when you consider this is the first time doing something like this. Not to mention in my garage instead of a spray booth.

Of course there is some dust spots, but nothing I can't live with. The biggest problem is trying to lay the matte clear coat on all the pieces in an even consistent manor so as to achieve an even sheen. Because I have such a small space to work in I have to do a few parts each day. This causes problems because there is no way I can do the same exact tempo, speed and distance each day. Some of the pieces have a slightly different sheen because there's no way I can spray at the same distance and speed as I did the days prior.

I think the best thing to do is once the truck is all together is give it a light scuff with 2000 and spray it one more time with a light coat to even things out.

Ok, OK, I'll shut up and post pics.

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]
paintman is offline   Reply With Quote