View Single Post
Old 11-04-2017, 06:14 PM   #470
special-K
Special Order

Re: 8 lug wheels - what's on YOUR truck?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoStopN View Post
Yep. One & a half inch spacers. If they have their own set of studs, I call them adapters, & these do. I just get nervous about using adapters. I want to change out to 9/16" studs, just for piece of mind.
Are those adapters to allow 8 on 170mm wheels to be used in 8 on 6.5" bolt circle?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotcorner View Post
I know these don't come in white. Did you powdercoat or paint?
The powder coat guy said he would just scuff them and powdercoat, so I just scuffed them and painted. I figure all this white coat would be is a coating on top of powder coat, so why not paint? I still have the steel powder coated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theboatandcarman View Post
vision wheels just came out with a bunch of new wheels. i would highly recommend checking them out as they have an affordable, yet attractive selection for our 8 lugs!
Still trying too hard in the styling department. Give those guys a chill pill and ask them to design a clean simple wheel with smooth rims. Something that doesn't look like it's made out of a bunch of pieces and riveted all together. So funny that Outlaws and Outlaw IIs (copied after Centerlines) were ever so popular till people started disliking the fake rivets. Now it's hard to find wheels that don't have fake rivets and the better companies that made the wheels tat got people away from Outlaw IIs are out of business (Centerline, Weld...). And those are the companies that took us to billet and drop forged quality wheels.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote