Thread: 292 Questions
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2019, 03:52 PM   #129
May70

Re: 292 Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorfist View Post
I've messed around with a lot of classic motorcycles over the years and have seen some coatings fail that were done by professionals. I will never use one again personally. Next time I run in to an issue I plan to try this stuff https://www.workshophero.com/products/metal-rescue/

If you're not interested in something like that, my advice would be to get as much of the loose crud out of there as possible and be diligent on replacing fuel filters. Avoid ethanol gas if possible and if not possible, never let the truck sit for extended periods of time without a full tank.

Or bite the bullet and replace the tank.
Even with that what are you going to put on the metal to keep the rust from coming back? Im planning on picking up about 10 gallons of vinegar to put in there, doing a lot of shaking and sitting over at least a few days. Then maybe coming back with evaporust or that metal rescue stuff depending on how bad it is after the vinegar. Im still thinking that after that I will need to put some sort of seal/coating to prevent it from rusting back quickly.
May70 is offline   Reply With Quote