View Single Post
Old 06-02-2020, 09:17 PM   #340
roll_the_dice

Re: 1965 LWB Stepside Build

Most of what I post in my thread is just for me so I don't forget things...and I use it as a timeline. I like going back and seeing what I have done and when.

While I wait on my driveshaft, I am trying to stay busy. So that was my task this afternoon. I have been wanting to do an electric oil gauge. I have seen a few threads where people used one out of an 81-87 Chevy Truck.

I pieced enough together to at least try to do what I wanted. I am not a welder so my welds are not pretty but are strong enough and they aren't seen.

I used an extra set of gauges I had, but will move the oil gauge over to my gauge later this week. This is the "finished result. I still need to paint the needle and reface the gauge.

I did enlarge the mounting post holes to 1/4" and drilled the middle post. The enlarged holes because it did not fit flush otherwise.

I am also going to do the same with a voltmeter I picked up at the same time as the oil gauge. The needle is different on the oil gauge, but I am OK with that.

Here are a few pictures I took while doing it. Took about 3 hours to do and I was winging it for the most part. I learned a lot and will do the voltmeter a little differently.

Will take more pictures after I finish it and put it in my finished cluster.
Attached Images

roll_the_dice is offline   Reply With Quote