View Single Post
Old 06-25-2011, 02:17 PM   #8
bryankichler

Re: How I found My Truck...What's your story...?

I think this is my first post on here been browsing these forums for a couple years and just got my 66 back in November by chance haven't had time to mess with it its been parked while i am deployed big plans when i return.

but here's the story on how I got it.
My dad had been trying to sell his Harley sportster for over a year and this guy messaged me wanting to know if my dad would trade. So I went up in my at the time daily driver a mint condition 1966 ford falcon id been trying to sell for 3 years no one is really interested in an old 4 door no matter how great they look. Well the truck was great brand new engine built pushing around 450hp with all receipts from a reputable engine builder exhaust it needed help but it was a sharp long bed 66 Chevy pickup. I took pictures of everything before i got down to show my dad my step mom talked him out of it wanted money not another toy. So i called the guy up and told him my dad wasn't interested and if anything id give my falcon for it knowing he would say not a chance. I got lucky he was looking for a parade car that he could take the family in and now I'm the proud owner of a 66 Chevy.

That's a long winded story but look forward to starting my build thread when i return home.

[edit] forgot to add pictures

Last edited by bryankichler; 06-27-2011 at 10:01 AM.
bryankichler is offline   Reply With Quote