View Single Post
Old 06-26-2011, 02:25 AM   #16
iehotrod

Re: How I found My Truck...What's your story...?

Oct. of last year I went to an upholstery shop two blocks from my house to get a quote on my bench seat of my 63 longbed. Seating there was a 62 chevy short bed. Looked like it been seating in the same spot for a very long time. I asked the guy if he owned it. He stated it belonged to his brother. he was very friendly and started to tell me all about it. His brother bought it many years ago from Pepsi Cola in Mexicali Mexico. He drove for a long time untill he decided to pull the drive trian and unstall a 350/350th combo. so he did and later decided to repaint the color it is now powder blue. He also had all the rubbers and seals replaced, all the chrome redone and brakes with power and installed a steal floor in the bed, which was done correctly and is only bolted down. While in the process he had a stroke and was left paralyzed and could not walk with out help. So the truck sat in the exact same spot since 1997 untill that day that I offered to buy it I didnt think it would happen since its been for so long. I offered him $3,000 thinking I was getting a really good deal. Since I had paid $1,500 for my longbed. One week later I got a call to come pick it up if I wanted it and he is redoing the seat for it and gave a new complete set of centerline wheels and tires that his brother intended to install upon completing it. Lucky for me they were up in the garage all this years.
iehotrod is offline   Reply With Quote