View Single Post
Old 10-10-2019, 10:45 AM   #44
DJStucker

Re: Mishimoto Electric Fans in Your 67-72 C10?

Resurrecting this post as I have nearly the identical setup and nearly an identical problem.
I知 basically running the same engine (except I知 a 468) and cam as you are. I知 even running about the same amount of timing. Same issue, it just slowly climbs at idle. An 80 degree day, I知 reading about 205ー in the head, so I知 worried about when I知 in traffic on a 100ー day.
Before I go and buy a 4th set of fans to try to cool it, I was hoping I could ask some questions.
I had installed 2 Spal fans that were 1700cfm each rated at 22amps or so each.
While they moved a ton of air, I dropped to 11vdc at idle. I知 running a 140a tuff stuff 10si alternator with a 3:1 pulley setup and all the heavy wiring to back it. I thought it could handle it, but between fuel injection, a vacuum pump, and the fans, I知 close to 60amps at idle. I found that the Spal fans draw about 25amps a piece when I put a current clamp on them. Does your charging system handle both Derale fans no problem? What alternator are you running? The Derales are listed at 22amps a piece so that makes me nervous.
Are you running a shroud on those fans or did you just use the zip tie mounts to attach each one? I have read the more shroud the better, so I知 curious about your setup. I can稚 quite tell from the pictures. Any help would be appreciated, I知 pulling my hair out with this one!
DJStucker is offline   Reply With Quote