Thread: pdx-sanity66
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2020, 02:37 PM   #663
pdxhall

Re: pdx-sanity66

It seems I just can't seem to post on a regular basis but I've mad a lot of progress since my last posting in August. YUK!
I've got many pictures to post on my progress that I will try to catch up on.Right now I've been working on my hood. so I'll start with that and go back from here. I pulled my original hood out from its spot at the back of the garage for inspection. It is worse than I remember. the top is in great condition but the inner braces both front and rear are rusted beyond reasonable repair and the lower portion of the front nose section is rusted through in many places. I really needed another hood for parts or for use. A new repop was out of the question.
I've got a neighbor across the street from me that has an impressive boneyard.
He's working on a 56 ford truck right now but I won't hold that against him because he's also got 2 '61 Chevy step sides, a '53 all original chevy coupe, and a bunch of other parts. He came over the other day and I was telling him my need of a hood. He said "oh, I've got 3 or 4 of them. Why don't you come over and take a look?" I did. He had one hood that had some dents but the braces were perfect and the nose was practically rust free. I asked him if would sell it to me and he refused but said I could have it for free. I tried to give him something but he refused and we even put it in his truck and hauled it across the street for me. What a great guy!!
So now I have 2 hoods to make 1 good one. Let the tale of 2 hoods begin.
First. Here are pics of the original hood,
Attached Images

I've Done So Much, With So Little, For So Long, That Now I Can Do Anything With Nothing.
pdxhall is offline   Reply With Quote