View Single Post
Old 05-18-2020, 12:17 AM   #177
Fastandcrazy

Re: Rebuild...(pending a name)

Progress is about to slow down real hard. I won’t be able to be as productive as I have been during the weekdays. Work starts back up again tomorrow. Anyhow, I will do my best to keep up on the progress over the weekends. I am working on trying to finish all the exterior painting. It’s starting to get warm here in North Carolina, and I’m also getting tired of having the hanging makeshift paint booth up and cluttering up the garage space. Anyhow, without further a due, here are those pics.

Before I repainted the whole cab, I had received my exhaust kit and mufflers. I’m not sure what I was thinking, but I had ordered a 2.5” exhaust kit with 2.5” Flowmaster 70 series mufflers. I went with the 70 series as I want the engine tone to be quiet but noticeably different. I knew I was getting a “massive” case muffler but didn’t realize what a 28” by 10” muffler would look like till in person. Anyhow, both the exhaust kit and mufflers were sent back the next day. 3” exhaust kit and Flowmaster 50 series are on the way. I originally had 50 series mufflers on with zero clearance issues.
I am hoping to get the back-half welded up and installed before I get the bed mounted, just for ease of routing the exhaust. We shall see what happens.
Name:  IMG_2655 (resize).jpg
Views: 484
Size:  69.4 KB
I decided to give Summit Racing Paints a try. So far, I have no qualms with the color. The color is what I was looking for from the start.
Name:  IMG_2644 (resize).jpg
Views: 474
Size:  50.4 KB
I’d like to say the paint, itself, came out well. Every error and imperfection is my fault, and believe me, there are some. I am okay with it.
Name:  IMG_2691 resize.jpg
Views: 474
Size:  74.3 KB
Name:  IMG_2690 (resize).jpg
Views: 478
Size:  42.6 KB