View Single Post
Old 08-04-2020, 10:35 PM   #194
Fastandcrazy

Re: Rebuild...(pending a name)

Before I get to the real good pictures, I thought I would share the other stuff I was tackling while waiting for the engine and transmission.

I finally got everything painted. I installed the doors, and the whole front end, just to test fit everything. Needless to say, I have a lot of body alignment to do. I would also like to say, again, the paint job is not the best. I just wanted to get everything on the outside is generally the same color. It is a metallic gray, the metal flakes, or whatever it is, settled differently on the doors. So, the doors don't match all that great when you get up close. It still meets my intent, "okay" on the outside, but a solid foundation.

Name:  IMG_3680.jpg
Views: 260
Size:  56.6 KB

I messed around with the gauges that I originally had. Gave the LEDs a test run, to see if they still work. Sure enough. I bought four new LEDs for the bottom row of smaller gauges, so all six will match the Speedo and Tach.
Name:  IMG_3620.jpg
Views: 261
Size:  64.6 KB

Before testing, I had to fix this mess.
Name:  61636358930__4D400EDD-71B6-4BD9-A088-65C17437A40B.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  110.5 KB

I swapped out wires and made new ones that matched the Painless Performance diagram. I then taped everything up. I went ahead and added a new indicator light on the front of the dash, to use for my high beams, and I'm going to use the formerly high beam light for the engine light. That is not shown in any of these pics.
Name:  IMG_3621.jpg
Views: 260
Size:  111.5 KB