Thread: gm and EV
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2021, 04:16 PM   #26
1976gmc20

Re: gm and EV

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedoh View Post
youre definitely the exception then. I would bet that your (and your neighbors) requirements preclude you from driving most of all the cars produced, not just EVs.

it doesnt make your opinions less valid, but thats the reason automakers make different cars and trucks, to try and capture the whole market.
Finally, everything we own (well, except for the old broke down classic pickup) is a four wheel drive. It just doesn't make sense to own a car that you can't drive more than half the year, and might not be able to get back home from town because it rained the other half of the year.

I'm actually glad the city folks are buying those electric toy cars because then they won't have the range to drive out where I live

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57taskforce View Post
Yes sir. I know exactly what you mean. It’s something that unless you've lived it you can’t comprehend it. We were 72 miles from the nearest reasonable town up until about 8 years ago. I average 40-50k a year on my company truck driving within about a 200 mile radius. There’s no way an EV would ever cut it in my line of work currently. You very very rarely ever see a Tesla here or even a bolt or similar for that matter for that very reason. I’ve never even seen a charging station here.
We don't really drive all that much but when we do it is to go some distance. Even before I retired, I worked from home most of the time - and the rest of the time I would have to be driven to the airport to fly somewhere and work for a few weeks. I'm glad that I'm done with that crap!

But our kids and grandkids live almost 2000 miles away We got the pickup and camper shell so we can drive and sleep wherever along the way.

Now - it would be great I suppose if our jeep was electric because we mostly just drive it around the property. But I'm never going to live long enough to pay off that sort of investment.
1958 Chevy C-60; 1965 GMC C-50; 1965 Chevy C-10; 1971 Chevy K-10; 1973 Chevy K-20; 1976 GMC C-20; 1977 Chevy C-10 Suburban; 1980 Chevy K-10; 1989 Chevy K1500; 1991 GMC V1500 Suburban; 2016 Chevy K2500 HD

Other vehicles: 1988 Jeep XJ; 2011 Toyota 4Runner
1976gmc20 is offline   Reply With Quote