Thread: gm and EV
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2021, 09:35 PM   #33
joedoh

Re: gm and EV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boog View Post
As said, not practical for everyone yet. These will likely never be intended for much long highway use.
i had a form of this discussion with my brother years ago. he was looking for a 3/4 ton long bed extended cab GMT400 so he could haul his enclosed trailers. i asked him why? he never used the enclosed trailers except once or twice a year and the other 364 days he would be hating life trying to park that behemoth and spending 12mpg unloaded tanks of fuel. a much better idea would be to buy something fuel efficient and drive THAT 364 days and when he needed to move his trailers go rent a van from budget, i did the math and he would be able to pay the fuel efficient whatevermobile off in 2 years instead of the 5 year loan on the gmt400.

so if you only take two trips a year on the highway, rent a camry or splurge on a suburban with their 44 gal bladder buster tanks, and go 4-5-600 miles between fillups and when you get home drive your 58 miles a day in the EV.

but, just like my brother just WANTED a huge truck (moving the trailers was a red herring), people who want EVs just want them, and people who dont just dont. either way is fine, no one really cares what you spend your money on, living 100 miles out of town, buying 100k EVs, literally no one cares. dowhatchoolike.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote