View Single Post
Old 01-19-2015, 03:27 PM   #1
NathenMyers

72 GMC Longbed Duramax Swap

Hey all!

This weekend started the beginnings of a project.
But first! I want to brag!

This truck was bought brand-new in 1972 in Southern Indiana, by a family living in New Salisbury, IN. Unfortunately, the husband of the family died in '74. After that, the truck was parked in a barn, and used very sparingly to haul trash.

My dad bought it in 2002, with 39,6xx miles on it, and parked it in HIS barn. He had always wanted a truck like his "first car."
But, he wanted a shortbed, and he just couldn't bring himself to cut on such a great specimen of a truck. So, it sat in HIS barn for 10 more years.

In 2012 I deployed to Afghanistan, with the Army National Guard, and when I returned home I started looking for a 67-72 truck like MY first truck. After spending 2 weekends checking out craigslist finds, and finding them lacking, or needing much much more work than either of us were interested in doing, Dad offered to sell me "ol' blue" for the same price he bought it. I of course accepted.

I got married in 2013, and used the truck to move, and for trash, and it now has 41,xxx miles on it. A friend of mine owns a junk yard, and told me about wrecked duramax that he had just bought, T-boned, totaled, but the engine is in perfect shape.

So, here we go!!!
Attached Images

NathenMyers is offline   Reply With Quote