View Single Post
Old 01-25-2015, 12:07 PM   #15
NathenMyers

Re: 72 GMC Longbed Duramax Swap

We finally got everything in, but as it sat there, we could tell that A) everything was just.. in a bind. and, there was no way we were going to get the bottom of the Towers to reach the stock holes.

With a lot of shoving, grunting and cursing, we both sat and said, why cant we get these holes to line up? My buddy sat and said... why don't we just make the holes bigger? Haha!

So, we slotted all of the Mount Tower holes, so that everything could move around just enough to help everything to line up. We also had to notch the passenger side tower to make room for one of the manifold bolts.

we made a 1.5 inch spacer for the bottom of the towers out of the same trailing arm.

also, i'll have plenty of room between my tie rod and the oil pan, which was really where we were most worried about clearance.

So, to recap.

Those mounting plates work awesome, Stock small block motor mounts, Small Block Mounting towers (with a little massaging with a dremel) Stock v8 mounting holes. Using a spacer.

obviously, i'm super stoked about how this is going.

we measured, and it looks like i'm going to need a cowl hood. Or, a body couple inches of body lift.
i think i would rather not get a body lift, because of the trucks i have seen with body lifts, i'm not a huge fan. I'm open to having my mind changed!
Attached Images

NathenMyers is offline   Reply With Quote