View Single Post
Old 03-29-2015, 11:01 AM   #25
NathenMyers

Re: 72 GMC Longbed Duramax Swap

Hey guys! Long time no see!

it's been a frustrating month starting with a transmission going out of my daily driver! Which is a 96 Olds Cutless Supreme.

Also, and any ideas would be great.
The Allison Tranny that i've got was out of a 2005 4WD truck. We talked to a junk yard, and they swapped us the 4WD Tail Shaft, for a 2WD tailshaft out of (i believe) an '02 tranny.

When we put it all together, it wouldn't tighten down. We thought maybe we had gotten something a little out of place putting it back together, so we took it to a transmission guy that we know. He said that my 4WD Sun Gear was too tall. So he ordered me a new one that he thought would fit, it didn't. I told him it was fine, and just to let me know when he figured it out.

3 weeks later he's been through three different sun gears, and a couple of other gearsets, and he calls me and tells me that "there aren't parts available to make this tailshaft work with this transmission."

My plan is to take the transmission back to the junkyard, and see if they will/can just swap me this whole transmission for another whole 2WD one.

So, we got the tranny back put together enough to use it to modify my cab!

First we had to try to get the engine and tranny leveled.

Then the white knuckled experience of just the two of us trying to get the cab on straight!
Attached Images

Last edited by NathenMyers; 03-29-2015 at 11:03 AM. Reason: forgot to attach pictures....
NathenMyers is offline   Reply With Quote