View Single Post
Old 05-26-2020, 01:14 AM   #3
Hatzman

Re: Ls swap kit recommendation?

ncsurveyor,

I wish I had someone to help me when I started. Didn't know where to look or who to ask. This is a great place for information, but you will get the nay sayers once in a while... I did an LS swap with a LQ9 into my 1970 C10.

Classic Performance Products (CPP) is a great place to go get what you need. Unfortunately I bought most items one piece at a time not knowing any better.

The parts I got from CPP where:

Engine mount - Part # 6372MP-SM
Dough Thorley Headers - Part# THY-323Y-C
Dirty Dingo Mounts - can't find the part number but they sell them.

There is a kit you can buy and it has everything listed above, including a transmission cross-member. I used the stock one so didn't get the kit. The kit is Part # 6772LS1-FRK (Confirm that the parts I listed above are in that kit)

You will also need to order Cadillac CTS-V oil pan kit. A buddy of mine got it for me, so I don't recall where he got it from but a quick search brings up numerous sites. CPP might have that as well.

If you go full tard like I did, I ordered the Holley accessory drive kit (In parts again)... Just buy the complete kit and save yourself piece-mealing the thing together. The part number I should have purchased was #20-141 on the Holley website.

Even though I had the wiring kit with the engine I bought, I once again went full tard and ordered a SpearTech engine wire harness with the vette gas pedal. I am glad I did this, the old harness had so much crap on it it would have been a mess.

There you go for starters buddy, If you have any questions, PM me. Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncsurveyor View Post
Not as much traffic on the ls subforum so I thought I’d try here. Can you guys recommend an ls swap kit? I’m trying to get most of all my parts ordered before taking my truck to my builder to do my swap. I’m putting a 6.2 L94 in my 68. I’m not sure what all individual parts I need and would probably be safer getting an all inclusive kit. I guess I’d prefer long tube headers unless it’s a waste of money over mid length?
Thanks

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=618848

Last edited by Hatzman; 05-26-2020 at 01:17 AM. Reason: typos
Hatzman is offline   Reply With Quote