View Single Post
Old 11-25-2020, 12:44 AM   #14
'68OrangeSunshine

Re: Cigarette Lighter on Non-Deluxe Trucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjmoreland View Post
That is very cool to know the history of your truck. I bought mine from a guy who bought it about a year ago from a long time owner of it. He said he received a pink pinkslip from him, which means the guy owned it since at least 1988. That's all I know.
I had the California pinkslip, but had to turn it in to the AZ/MVD to get an Arizona title. Had to turn in my Black/Yellow Calif plates too, but I still remember the number:
10 566 A
Also Felix Chevrolet in Downtown LA was the original dealer.

The ex-sgt never scraped the Chaplain's base security sticker off the front bumper. He was a Navy Captain [0-6 = Marine/Army/USAF full-bird Colonel]. When I reported on base at Cherry Point NC, about 1-1/2 year later, as a PFC, I got a snappy salute from the gate guard MP Sgt, which I returned with my most military style. The second time he said: "My compliments to your father, the Colonel.'' The third time, he asked if I did have a father who was a Col? When I said no, it was just a used truck, he said he thought so, pull over there, and the royal blue Colonel's sticker was scraped off and a fresh red [enlisted] sticker slapped in its place.
And no more crisp salutes.

Every 25 years I like to rebuild that 292, whether it needs it or not.
'68OrangeSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote