View Single Post
Old 06-08-2022, 06:30 AM   #15
special-K
Special Order

Re: 33x10.5 on Factory Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.I.Blazer View Post
Picked these wheels up this weekend and I really like them. They are 15x7 but after reading a few other threads I think this will work fine. I plan to run a 33x10.5 so the 7" wide wheel should give me a good overall look. A little less sidewall bulge than the common 12.5 wide tire on an 8" wide wheel.

I find it hard to make these decisions based on pictures but I guess at some point you just have to go for it. I am going to get rid of the tires and look into getting the wheels blasted and either painted or powder coated white.

Obviously the caps that came with it are the wrong size except for one. Anyone know what are those wider caps are for? I will be keeping my eyes open for a fifth wheel for the spare as well as the correct caps.
These wheels were stamped 15 x 7? I never knew of those in 7". I just recently learned about 15 x 7 5-lug that came on Heavy Half trucks. Are these the 4wd version? As far as mounting 12.50s on those, that's getting a bit too narrow. In my experience 8" is as narrow a 12.50 should run on.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote