View Single Post
Old 10-22-2019, 02:46 PM   #67
BIG BLOCK JIMMY

Re: 1972 Blazer Steering

Clean title, all the gaps are good except the hood which curiously is off in the same direction as the driver wheel. That seems likely that there was an impact that has caused both to be off, but the passenger fender is original and does not have any body filler. The frame has been on two frame machines and measured by hand several times. There is no evidence at all showing any type of damage or altercation to the frame or any of the riveted frame attachments.
The front springs went into place without having to be forced over either. The U bolts are in place and vertical (kinda hard to screw up the passenger side, I would think).
I could not find any numbers at all on the axle tube. The diff has the following numbers:
44 5F and c-31256
Is it possible that the long tube was replaced and just not the correct length? There are no signs of altercation and entire axle assembly appears original.
I know I'm not helping, sorry

Unless it was built on a Monday or Friday back in '72 I doubt it came from the factory that way.

I just spoke to ORD about other parts and we discussed the steering issue. He recommended installing a crossover steering kit. Thoughts?
http://offroaddesign.com/catalog/Dana44crossover.htm
I'm still doing the castor shims of course, but I want it to steer better than better.

Last edited by BIG BLOCK JIMMY; 10-22-2019 at 03:49 PM.
BIG BLOCK JIMMY is offline   Reply With Quote