View Single Post
Old 10-01-2017, 10:28 AM   #68
andreas_kc

Re: 49/51 3100, 4bt Turbo, ZF-5, Classic

Hah yeah, I bought the truck when I was single, got married, kids and all sorts of stuff happened.

So far I've just watched a bunch of YouTube videos on painting. Talked to everyone I know that has painted. A few things stick out... always test and adjust your gun. I bought a roll of brown paper that I use to test spray every time I paint. You want the pattern to look like a football. It takes 2x as long to clean as to do the painting. Follow the directions on the paint. Sanding fixes all mistakes. So far it looks like it is sticking well

I'm going to be shortly blasting the cab, fenders and hood and spraying the same black epoxy. Will then get sheet metal fixed on the cab (it needs a bunch of work). Will finish up with filler, primer, sealer base and a flat clear in that order. Going for a flat dark red finish.

Interior is a bit undecided. I'm mostly set on a black dash w red pearl. Not sure if I'm painting the rest of interior with the same dark red or white. I will be painting the floor with Al's bedliner with the rubber traction stuff. Using the lizardskin sound control and heat shield stuff on firewall/bottom.