View Single Post
Old 07-20-2019, 04:03 PM   #54
68Gold/white

Re: Interesting conversations...

I doubt that I could ever sell my flatbed 67 GMC 3500 either. OF course no one has asked yet, but I have received compliments on it from passersby when I am working on it in the driveway.[/QUOTE]

Oh man...

My 77 Trans Am is, for the moment, sitting in my drive way. Had a kid from church turning old enough to drive wanting to buy it. He asked me every time he saw me. I finally had to tell him I bought it NEW, close to the same age he was at the time. I will NEVER sell it, NEVER. It's more than just an old car to me. IF, IF, I wanted to sell it, it would have been sold many years ago......

My 2 pickups are in bad shape (at the moment...) nobody has offered me for either. I sprayed a quickie coat of cheap black paint on my 68 Golden anniversary pickup years ago to help protect the body.

Had many folks laugh at me, most say I should scrap it. I heard about a guy in Oklahoma city, many years ago, I think his last name was Davis?...he specialized in older Chevy pickup parts. I went to visit him, had no money to spend at the time (seldom did in my younger days...). I told him about my 68.
His ears perked up when I told him it was Gold and equipped with a 396/TH400/AC/PC/PS. He told me about it's significance being the Gold color

None of my stuff is for sale!!!
68Gold/white is offline   Reply With Quote