View Single Post
Old 12-31-2018, 11:15 PM   #14
76C10Stepside

Re: 01 Blazer p0300 code

Quote:
Originally Posted by 61_FL_Apache View Post
My daughters boyfriend has a 2014 Camaro SS and had the exact same issue with the misfire on Cyl 4 and random misfires. We changed some of the same parts as mine and it ended up being a broken valve spring. I didnt dig that deep into the issue, we sent it to a local shop that he chose which raked him over the coals. They are charging him $1100 for the repair. The only broken/damaged part is the spring and possibly the push rod. They pulled the head and thats where the costs doubled.

I will check to see of my MAF is the same from my tahoe and swap them tomorrow. I dont want to get into swapping too many things with my truck, I still need to get to work
Been having a lot of (mostly original) parts go one after the other on my S10 too. It's 29 years old, so to be expected, I guess...

Yeah, not a fan of paying to have my ride fixed. Replaced the valve stem seals myself. Was a major PITA and took me 4 days, but saved a fortune and learned a lot about this truck/engine. Replaced the A/C clutch and front bearing (only the bearing was bad) for the cost of the parts, shop wanted $1100 to replace the compressor.

Happy New Year!
76C10Stepside is offline   Reply With Quote